Monday, 15 October 2012

S.P.Q.ORC - Pax Bochemannica - the smell of leather

Having touched-up the areas of missed red, it was on to the leather. I have used my usual Beastial Brown, Snakebite Leather and Elf Flesh to build up the worn brown leather and wooden Pilum spear shaft.

My intention is to give the whole model another wash, maybe some Badam Black - a light wash to meld all of the areas together.

Over the weekend I have been reading various books on painting Roman shield designs as I intend 'biting-the-bullet' and starting this part of the model later in the week. I'll keep you informed.



Looking at these images (the computer screen tends to highlight mistakes) I will need to refine some areas a little more before I am happy with the miniature.

Tony

1 comment:

Rob Alderman said...

Looking great Tony, they are progressing nicely.

As for the shield designs, you can either paint your own, or wait for the transfers to be released! :)

Cheers
Rob