Thursday 6 June 2024

Morgan Three Wheeler - part two

 
When I was first given the model kit I was told that there might be the odd piece missing and this has proven to be the case. The chain drive was missing so I built a replacement from bits in my spares box. I used some yellow gears and blue tape which was strengthened with superglue. In addition there was a small feature missing from the gear box, but this was easy to replace, I used a short section of knitting needle which was glued in place with more superglue.

The second image shows the rear wheel, gear box and the first parts of the frame. Up to this point all of the painting was brush painted with acrylic paints and Galleria matt varnish. I have used Tamiya thin and superglue to glue the parts so far.

Throughout the build I have been very impressed with the very fine detail of this old kit - parts of the frame are less than 1mm thick and easily damaged, as you can see by the missing part of the frame (lower edge and support cross member). I've kept this safe and will add it later in the build. I can also confirm that I have yet to glue any piece in place without some considerable cleaning up and de-flashing particularly on any chrome parts!

Tony

No comments: