I have now clad The Horseshoe Forge with thinner cardboard and cut out a rough horseshoe shaped opening for the main door. This opening will be refined later in construction.
It should be obvious from the image above that I have used odd pieces of spare or scrap cardboard for the cladding, which was glued in place with my Hot Glue gun.
In the second image, I have opened up the window area by cutting into the cardboard and digging out the space with a scalpel, once again I will refine the shape later in the build.
The black lines on the front of the building are to checkout the spacing of the upright timbers which will be the next bit of modelling while the 28mm Flintloque miniature gives some idea of the scale/size of this building.
You can follow this and the other scratch-built projects via this link.