Thursday, 21 May 2020

Roman Legionnaires

During the Coronavirus lockdown, I've kept myself busy by building wargame terrain and writing magazine articles for Wargames, Soldiers & Strategy and Miniature Wargames. One of these modelling projects required some standing Roman Legionaries. I purchased a sprue of Victrix Roman Legionnaires via e-bay and set about basing them.

The four miniatures were mounted onto small plastic discs. I used superglue to secure them.

The bases or groundwork has been built up with standard household filler.

Further texture was added by sprinkling on some fine sand, applied over diluted PVA glue.

The heads and arms were glued in place with a mix of polystyrene glue and superglue.

I found the figures were a little fiddly to work with, but have to admit that the finished soldiers look very good. I am nervous about the plastic spears or Pilum's as they look very fragile.

Stay safe and

Keep Calm and Carry On Modelling


1 comment:

Codsticker said...

Glueing the basing material down before adding the arms and such is so smart and yet so obvious I am embarassed I hadn't thought of it.