Wednesday 19 April 2023

Another Cyclops for my 40mm Typhon Project

On a recent City Break holiday to Lucca, Italy I picked up this toy Cyclops. The model is from the Del Prado range of Greek Mythology figures and to the best of my knowledge has never been released in the UK. The monster stands just over 80mm tall and as such will be perfect to fight against my 40mm Spartan or Hoplite figures which I use in my games of Typhon (from Alternative Armies). The Cyclops cost just 5 Euros which I thought was a real bargain.

The resin or strong plastic Cyclops was mounted on a metal oval base, but when I tried to saw the base off, it fell away (as can be seen in the above image). The paint scheme is pretty basic and my plan is to re-mount the monster on to a round washer base and paint the figure in a more realistic colour scheme.

The final image shows the Cyclops alongside on of my 40mm Hoplites and a bottle of Army Painter Quickshade shown for scale comparison.


I'll try to post regular updates showing both work-in-progress and my chosen colour scheme.

Tony

1 comment:

Kev Moon said...

That's a great find 👍