Sunday, 9 August 2026

Cold Comfort Lane - completed


It's taken some time but Cold Comfort Lane is now finished.....

The 1/35th scale project was started back in 2023 when I built a 1/35th scale narrow gauge fireless loco on a Hornby 0-4-0 'Smokey Joe' chassis, since then I have been working on 'other' projects and magazine work but it is now finished (well as finished as any model railway layout can be).

Cold Comfort Lane is a 2 foot narrow gauge Inglenook or switching layout designed to be small enough and light enough to be easily transported between the garage (where it was built) and my computer room (where I am currently writing this post) and also allow me to have some fun playing trains!


The facia was painted black and then varnished with matt varnish before I added some vinyl name tags which were ordered off the internet. My son and two grandsons helped with applying them which is fitting as the G. J. H. and Sons Ltd  related to Gary my son and my two grandsons Finley and Charlie.


My daughter wants me to exhibit the layout and the earlier Yellow Pelican narrow gauge layout and is already talking about a show next March. We will see.

It has taken a while to get the layout finished and I am now looking at my next project - another narrow gauge layout? You will have to wait and see.

Thank you for all the comments they are very much appreciated.

Tony

No comments: