With the Cold Comfort Lane 1:35th scale, narrow gauge railway layout complete I was left looking around for my next modelling project and rather than start a completely new one I went back to my Christmas 2025 stalled project. The Christmas 2025 Pizza layout.
The layout was moving along at quite a pace but a virus over the Christmas period left me a little deflated and I have to admit that I had lost all interest in modelling in a cold shed. Details of the progress up to this time can be found by searching the Christmas 2025 link to the right or 'clicking' on this link.
Moving forward the first piece of work was installing a transformer/controller. I had wanted to use a unit that I had bought off the internet but with this not working properly, I went back to this tried-and-tested Hornby controller that I had in my stash. The simple single knob unit is not glued in place but the black plastic facia panel and four screws are enough to hold it securely in place. I can confirm that it works perfectly.
I had planned that there would be an in-and-out industrial unit for this layout and I had built a number of mock-ups but I have to admit that none of them really appealed to me. Then I saw a YouTube video from ThunderMessa Trains (see this link) and the decision was made. I would build a similar structure to 11mm = 1 foot and situate it in the middle of the Pizza layout.
The first stage was to draw up a sketch plan.
I think that this plan shows how I work better than words.....
It's a mess with amendments and re-drawn details across the whole page. But is was enough for me to start cutting strip wood and I can honestly say that my modelling MOJO is well and truly back.
Expect further updates later this week, but for now, welcome to my version of Gold Tooth Mine.
Tony

No comments:
Post a Comment