Monday 28 November 2011

Flash Gordon Molemen - part five

After years of planning and a couple of false starts I have finally finished a Moleman for my 40mm Flash Gordon collection. 

The miniature has been Gloss Varnished with Ronseal Varnish and once dry Matt Varnished with three coats of Galleria Acrylic Varnish.  Finally I have added some static grass to the 40mm round base. 

Full details of the background and conversion can be found in earlier posts, but for now I hope you enjoy these images of the completed miniature.


Photo Two - Shows the converted Moleman being directed by a Ming Officer from the Graven Images/Cliff Hanger range of 40mm figures.


Although the construction and painting has been fully covered in earlier posts, I thought it would be interesting to include these WIP shots. Starting with the early metal/plastic conversion and detailing the steps through to fully painted, varnished and flocked.









I suppose that I should start work on the remaining two Reaper miniatures and get around to building a group of three Molemen- but for now I am just pleased to see one finished.

Tony

1 comment:

Jay said...

Beautiful, one-time conversion nemesis.