Friday, 2 January 2015

USS Tigerfish (SSN-509) from Ice Station Zebra



Wargames Soldiers & Strategy issue 76 features this scratch built model of USS Tigerfish (SSN-509) from the film Ice Station Zebra which was built by me to illustrate a planned game.

The magazine was released on 1st January and is another themed issue - the theme being Steampunk.

The two page article describes how I built this iconic piece of cinemascope from plastic card wrapped balsawood. And just to prove the point I have included this single work-in-progress shot.


The project was an unusual model for me, but one that I thoroughly enjoyed building - 2015 starts with yet another terrain building post! I hope that you can get hold of a copy of the magazine and read how I built it.

In addition to this model; pages 26 - 28 have an article called The Road to Ucles by Guy Bowers which features a range of mud-brick built Adobe houses that were built by me and available from Grand Manner - see this link.

Finally, the January Sale continues - with both Wargame Terrain Books available at the reduced price of just £16.00 each (P&P remains the same). For details of how to order see this post. There are now only 10 signed and numbered copies of More Wargame Terrain left.


Tony

2 comments:

Peter Ball said...

That's some beautiful work!

Benoit said...

Very nice and inspirational.
Thanks for sharing.
Benoit