Friday 9 February 2018

An Industrial Narrow Gauge Adventure - the layout part twenty-one



The concrete slab fence has been modelled from 1mm thick plastic card (ex-advertising material). I have modelled it with one slab missing - a common sight with older fencing while the uprights have been made from the same 1mm thick plastic card. I scribed the horizontal joins with the tip of a sharpened screwdriver and removed the burr with some fine sandpaper.

Additional surface texture was added with acrylic texturing medium which was applied with a thick stencilling brush. Prior to undercoating and painting, I have chamfered the tops of the posts and added a slight 'crown'.

I have used standard acrylic paint to give that aged concrete look, applying more colour with washes and tints. Final colour detailing was done with artists watercolur pencils which I sharpened to a very fine point before scribbling the colour on.

As you can see I have also added some damp patches to the lower edges of the base slabs.

My plan is to add this small section of concrete fencing to the left of the salt pan.

Tony

No comments: