Tuesday 7 May 2019

Man of La Mancha at the London Coliseum



Sue and I have just returned from a couple of days in London where amongst other things we went to see Man of La Mancha - the musical based on the book Don Quixote by Miguel de Cervantes performed at The London Coliseum.

I had wanted to see this musical for some time and commenting on this, Sue bought two tickets to see this limited-time production as my birthday present back in March. I was looking forward to seeing the performance and have to say that I was not disappointed. It really is a fantastic musical and a great production.


We arrived a little earlier than recommended and had time to explore the Coliseum - a very impressive theatre with some exceptionally intricate decoration as well as have a pre-show drink.

The show moves along quickly and it was soon time to leave. On the way back to the hotel, Sue and I discussed how the performance and the songs were both funny and moving. I thought Kelsey Grammer's performance as an actor was better than his singing voice but the supporting cast was superb and I have no hesitation in recommending it. But don't wait around for too long as the run is only 6 weeks.

For more details see this link.

Tony

No comments: