Monday 24 June 2019

Using Make-up Brushes for Drybrushing?



I recently saw this You Tube video from Tabletop Minions and thought the technique of using cheap make-up brushes for drybrushing was worth a try. I searched the local bargain shops for a suitable sample, but when I couldn't find any cheap brushes, I reverted to ebay where I found a set of 10 for just 10p (plus P&P of £2.60).

The brushes are of a very high quality and having experimented with one of the larger brushes can report that they work perfectly as drybrushing brushes and for applying weathering powders. I would recommend searching out a set for yourself.

Tony

8 comments:

TamsinP said...

I first came across this idea on Teri Litorco's YouTube channel and have tried it myself. They definitely work well for drybrushing large items

David Wood said...

What a great idea. Posted a link to my Facebook page, thanks Tony!

Heisler said...

I have a set of those that I use for weathering powders, it had not occurred to me to try them for Drybrushing. Guess I will give that a try.

Broeders said...

Great idea.

Tony said...

I should admit that this was not my idea - but came from watching the Tabletop Minions You Tube channel.

Tony

Michael Awdry said...

That has to be worth a go, great idea.

Admiral Drax said...

How funny!

i've been doing this for a little over a decade (it must be, since it was just before I moved from Norwich to Devon), but just assumed everyone did.

I've also found some broad, flat make-up brushes are so soft that they're perfect for painting large areas without brushmarks...

Tony said...

I've been doing this for a little over a decade (it must be, since it was just before I moved from Norwich to Devon), but just assumed everyone did.

I've also found some broad, flat make-up brushes are so soft that they're perfect for painting large areas without brushmarks..."

It's one of those - "it's obvious once someone points it out - but it was a new idea to me and one that I too would recommend."

Tony