Wednesday 17 July 2019

An Industrial Narrow Gauge Adventure - Wooden Fence part two



Regular followers of this Blog will know that I have been working on an industrial narrow gauge railway layout built to 1:27.7 scale or 11mm = 1 foot. The choice of such an unusual scale has meant that much if not all items needed for the layout have had to be heavily modified and/or converted from existing models, completely 'scratch built' or sculpted by me.

In these latest posts I will update the Blog with 'work-in-progress' images and text showing how the initial project is developing. For more information look out for the Narrow Gauge Labels to the right.

The wooden fence was glued in place with superglue and I started placing bits and pieces of 'clutter'. At first I was just testing where I wanted the items to go, but then I started to glue them in place and add some weathering powders to the join between items and ground cover.

The process took some time, but was great fun and as you can see I have used lots of items of clutter to fill this side of the layout.


Most of these items were scratch-built or highly modified. You can see more images by following the Narrow Gauge or 1:27.7 links to the right.

Tony

No comments: