Monday 22 July 2019

An Industrial Narrow Gauge Adventure - More clutter



Regular followers of this Blog will know that I have been working on an industrial narrow gauge railway layout built to 1:27.7 scale or 11mm = 1 foot. The choice of such an unusual scale has meant that much if not all items needed for the layout have had to be heavily modified and/or converted from existing models, completely 'scratch built' or sculpted by me.

In these latest posts I will update the Blog with 'work-in-progress' images and text showing how the initial project is developing. For more information look out for the Narrow Gauge Labels to the right.

I've had great fun this weekend adding scratch-built clutter to the layout. I spent ages placing individual pieces and moving them around before gluing them down with superglue and producing these vignettes. As you can see I have used lots of items and crammed the areas with detail.

For details of how these items were modified or made and painted see the earlier posts.

I still have loads of bits and pieces to add but am enjoying the fun of building these small displays.


I like to add brightly coloured items or 'spot colour' to the vignettes. This can be seen around the rusted oil drum and the use of the blue and white oil drum and red 'flimsy' in the upper image. I also use weathering powders to the joins between items and groundwork, to 'bed' the items into the ground and disguise unsightly black shadows under the pieces.

Tony

No comments: