Wednesday 4 September 2019

An Industrial Narrow Gauge Adventure - Adding foliage



Regular followers of this Blog will know that I have been working on an industrial narrow gauge railway layout built to 1:27.7 scale or 11mm = 1 foot. The choice of such an unusual scale has meant that much if not all items needed for the layout have had to be heavily modified and/or converted from existing models, completely 'scratch built' or sculpted by me.

In these latest posts I will update the Blog with 'work-in-progress' images and text showing how the initial project is developing. For more information look out for the Narrow Gauge Labels to the right.

I have applied two layers of Aqua Magic to the canal basin and started to add foliage to the layout. The foliage comprises a number of different materials including the sample matting mentioned in the earlier post, some paint brush bristles and static grass tufts that I use to decorate the bases of my wargame miniatures.


In the final image (below) I have placed more clutter items along the side of the canal basin to produce a visual break between the canal and the main narrow gauge layout.

Although the layout is nearing completion, I am still tempted to take the amount of foliage and greenery even further.

For larger images, please 'click' on the pictures.


Tony