Wednesday 6 November 2019

Yahoo Groups - big changes!

Earlier today I received an e-mail from Yahoo confirming what I already knew - Yahoo Groups are going through a major change and all historical site/group content will be removed by December 14th.

I have been a member of a number of different Yahoo Groups over the years and although posting and new content has declined, I would still drop by and check what was new.

The Notables (Alternative Armies Flintloque and Deadloque group) has already made changes and a new AA board has been set up to post comments and even try to save some of the earlier and informative posts. For details see this link.

It does seem a little short sighted even criminal that comment and content that was built up over decades is to be removed and binned. A bit like the burning of a library!

I'll be cutting down on posting and checking back on the few remaining Yahoo Groups I follow - they will be missed.

Tony

2 comments:

AJ (Allan) Wright said...

Unfortunately that's the risk we take when counting on corporations generosity to support our hobbies. Google communities got pulled almost a year ago and I lost some good stuff hosted there too.

Khusru said...

My thought is they want to free up space.
The reasons they give don't sound true. People post comments, pictures and files of their own free will. They don't need privacy protection for these items