Monday 13 April 2020

Practical and Simple Wargame Terrain - part four



Miniature Wargames magazine issue 445 (May 2020) features yet another of my simple and practical wargame terrain tutorials - this fourth instalment the Thatched Cottage was inspired by an image I found in the Funchen book - Arms and Uniforms - the Napoleonic Wars part two. The model was built from corrugated cardboard, egg box card and £1.00 green scourers for the thatch.

As with the earlier three tutorials, I tried to stick to the following self imposed guidelines;

1 - The model should be constructed from simply sourced or everyday materials.

2 - The model should be generic and able to be used in a wide variety of different games or genres.

3 - The model should be robust enough for wargame club use.

4 - The model should be finished to a good standard and resemble the building it represents.

5 - Finally, it should fit into a 6 inch x 6 inch x 6 inch box - for easy storage.

For full details see the Warners Group Publications site.


As stated earlier, this is the fourth in my series of builds, and I have included images of the three earlier articles/models.




Finally for this post, I have a plea. I know that during these difficult times newsagents and in particular magazines will be loosing out on sales, due to lower footfall, but if we want to save these publications I suggest that the best way forward maybe direct subscriptions or E-editions. Both will help secure these magazines for the future and give you a bit of relief from our self-imposed isolation. If you can, please check out subscribing. I know that when my own paper editions of these wargame magazines arrive through the post they bring with them a little light relief.

Stay safe

Keep Calm and Carry On Modelling

Tony

2 comments:

Kev Moon said...

Looks like the best one so far. Will be giving it a go when my copy arrives.

(Kym) + Warburton + (Classic40K) said...

Nice work, the scourer thatch looks great.