Thursday 9 April 2020

Flintloque Regiment Lowland Dwarves - part six



More painting.....

I used a colour called Fester Blue (Coat d'arms 166) for the basic uniform blue, highlighted with the same colour and some white. I rarely highlight blue more than a single highlight as I find you can 'wash' the colour out if you use too many highlights.


The cuffs and turnbacks were painted with Suntanned Flesh (Coat d'arms 214) highlighted with Hot Orange (Vallejo) and then washed with a red ink.

In the image below, I have tidied-up the dark brown base colour, you can see this best around the cuff buttons and guns.



Now that I have started painting these modified Alternative Armies Dwarves, I have rekindled my love of these 'chunky' and cartoon-like miniatures. They really are great fun to paint. The perfect antidote in these trying times.

Stay safe

Keep Calm and Carry On Modelling

Tony

No comments: