Sunday 28 November 2021

Flintloque/Silver Bayonet cross over - part sixteen

The Black Dog stand-in was painted black (obviously). I used various acrylic paints to which I had added some black wash to ensure an all over base coat.

I then built up the fur in stages using a grey/blue base and highlighting with more blue and a touch of grey which was concentrated on the upper edges leaving the lower edges and belly in the original black.

I then washed the whole model with a mix of black and blue washes diluted with water. The final wash had some purple added just to define the fur. Black is very rarely just black.


I'm pleased with the subtle effect of blue/purple highlights over black and I now just need to paint the features - what little they are!

Tony

1 comment:

Airt said...

Very nice! I think the purple and blue tones give him a very otherworldly appearance!