Wednesday 15 June 2022

Yellow Pelican Mining Co. - Painting The Groundwork part two

Continuing on from my last update, I have now basecoated the whole layout with household tester pots from B&Q. The colours were mixed up and small samples were produced on thick card before I took two to have them mixed in store. I have used a Ochre orange and a Sandstone red colour which were mixed on the model to produce a more natural variation.

As with the earlier post, I have used a large 2 inch brush for most of the painting, mixing in some water where necessary to make the paint 'flow' better and a smaller detailing brush where the rocks meet other painted detail. The fascia has been primed in a grey primer and sanded to remove any imperfections.


If you look closely you can see where I have mixed the ochre and red colours, leaving the red in the shadows and the pure ochre as a highlight.

Tony

2 comments:

Codsticker said...

Great colour choice and application.

Tony said...


thank you.

Tony