Saturday 12 October 2024

Miniature Wargames issue 499 - Covered Well


The latest issue of Miniature Wargames - issue 499 (November 2024) includes an article/tutorial written by me showing how I built and the painted this covered well that was inspired by a well featured in the Shardlake TV series currently available on Disney.


I replayed and paused the TV episode (episode 2) and sketched this simple plan. Then using plastic card I built the basic frame well and wheel.


The 'pagoda style' roof was constructed over card pyramids before I smoothed out the shape with DAS modelling clay and ready-mixed filler. The roof was then clad with cardboard tiles and detailed with plastic rod and egg box card.


The model was then mounted on to a base cut from 3mm thick plastic card and textured with sieved stones and sand applied over PVA glue.

For more information and details of how the covered well was finished and painted see issue 499 of Miniature Wargames. Or see this link.


The magazine also gives details of my very special, commemorative article written especially for the 500th issue. and paying homage to Ian Weekley - a truly inspirational model maker.

Tony

No comments: