Tuesday, 15 July 2008

Flintloque - Large Farm House part two

These three photos show the latest batch of work - not much to add to what has already been written , the joins are covered with torn paper, the roof sections are thin card and the wooden beams are balsa. More to follow soon.

Once the roof base had been finished (as you see here) I used expanding foam to fill the attic space - no real reason why, other than I had a part filled can of foam. The structure is now very strong. It has also changed shape! With the foam ballooning out the roof shape rather than remaining concave. It is my intention to model the thatched roof with DAS modelling clay as I have used this technique in the past.


No comments: