Wednesday 19 December 2012

Build Something Contest on LAF - an update

The small terrain piece is moving along - this image shows the modified barrel, a Grand Manner resin casting that has been hollowed-out. I used a 3mm drill in my Dremel and then a boring bit to give the impression of an open barrel. The barrel is mounted on to a plastic card wooden pallet.


Here are some of the 'clutter' pieces that will be added to the finished piece. They come from a variety of manufacturers with most being modified in some way.


Finally for this post - something I have not used. Can you guess what it is yet?


Details of this contest can be found here and my first post here. Stay tuned for more updates.

Tony

3 comments:

Rob Alderman said...

Hi Tony!
Looking good! Is it some kind of shisha smoking device?

Cheers!
Rob

Jay said...

Nice modeling; and the mystery item is a moonshine-still from my backyard!

PatG said...

What Jay said. Now all you need is a Chevy radiator to run it through.