Thursday 13 June 2013

Early Fathers Day Presents

UK Fathers Day is this Sunday and I've already had three presents from my Wife. All three were charity shop purchases.

Military Modelling Guide to Wargaming by Stuart Asquith, an ex-library copy first published in 1987. It will come as no surprise that I have seen and even read this book before, actually a library copy. An interesting read.


The other two gifts are these Shire Modelmakers Guides; Modelling Farm Carts and Modelling Farm Wagons both by John Vince, published in 1977. Another two ex-library books, this time from the Christopher Whitehead School, Worcester.

Both are in very good condition and full of model making hints and tips. I think these have been re-bound as hard-backs, rather than the more usual card cover books.


Tony

2 comments:

Millsy said...

Quite a haul! I've been looking for the Shire Modelmakers books myself but they are non-existent over here in Aus...

Tony said...

I know that many months ago I visited Hay on Wye - the second-hand book capital of the world, and there were loads of general Shire Books for sale.

However the Model Making books are very rare.

Tony