Monday 27 October 2014

Orctober Fest - The Flintloque Orcs - part five



My group of five Flintloque Orcs is now complete; painted, varnished and flocked.

I have 'touched-up' some of the detail on these figures, tried to lighted the Blues and give the Reds a final layer as well as painting in all the metallics - I tend to paint my metallic colours as the last step before varnishing. I know others for example Kevin Dallimore like to paint their metallics first.

I painted the bases in my usual Snakebite Leather mix and highlighted with Snakebite and Skull White drybrushing, before picking out the odd stone with a Skull White and Chaos Black mix. The miniatures were then varnished with Gloss and then Matt varnish before the flock was added over spots of uPVA glue.


This group has been a bit of a distraction, a nice one. The Orctober Fest idea has certainly prompted me to paint up these Orcs which would otherwise have laid un-loved in my too-do box. Now what about a gun to go with them?

Tony

No comments: