Tuesday 16 August 2016

Birch Tree Seed Pods



It's that time of year again.....

Birch tree seed pods are now in season, so get out there and start collecting these miniature leaf shaped seeds. For full details see this earlier post.

In addition, earlier this month, I picked up this Fiskars Leaves cutter. Used for decorating hand made cards, this cutter offers you three alternative leaf shaped cut-outs. I bought mine up from a charity shop in Bromsgrove, Worcs.

Image Two - The Leaves cutter.


Image Three - The Maple Leaf shaped cut outs and a UK 20p coin shown for scale.


Image Four - The Oak Leaf shaped cut outs.


Image Five - The Birch Leaf shaped cut outs.


Tony

4 comments:

Steve-the-Wargamer said...

Good God, who would have thought there was something as esoteric as a leaf cutter in existence! Truly these are amazing times... :o)

Lasgunpacker said...

Very helpful, and for those of us abroad, the 20p coin is 21.4mm.

HerOdyssey said...

Is there anyone willing to send me some birch seed pods? I need to make a 1:12 ivy wall and I'm in oregon.

Tony said...

E-mail me at

dampfpanzerwagon@yahoo.co.uk

and I'll see what I can do.

Tony