Saturday 2 June 2018

A Driver for the Industrial Narrow Gauge Critter



Next Saturday my plan is to visit the 7mm Narrow Gauge Association Model Railway Exhibition in Burton-upon-Trent, for details see this link. I will take along some of the 1:27.7 or 11mm = 1 foot models and I thought it was about time I painted up a driver for the 'critter'. For details of how this model was made, see this post.

I started with the standard resin casting of Charlie (the seated driver) - see this post. By the way these resin castings are available for sale at £10.00 per pack, see the earlier link/post for details of how to order.


I needed to amend the pose to get him to sit comfortably in the open cab. He was cut at the waste and twisted slightly, the legs were opened up and the right arm was re-positioned. In the image below you can see the conversion work and the Milliput/Green Stuff sculpting.


Charlie now sits much better in the cab/on the wooden seat.


I used quite a bit of Milliput/Green Stuff to fill out his bottom and get a good fit to the wooden seat.


The model was painted with acrylic paints and washes.


And here he is seated in the Green Engine/Critter. The conversion work took about 2 or 3 hours and the painting even less. I feel that the critter looks much better now that it has a driver and the open cab is filled.


Tony

1 comment:

Phil said...

Unusual and very nicely done!