Friday 22 June 2018

Upton upon Severn an industrial treasure trove



Earlier this month, Sue and I visited Upton upon Severn, Worcestershire. The plan was to have a walk along the river front and check out the Cafe/Bookstore that had recently opened. However the cafe was closed on the day we visited and we ended up driving back via Malvern.

These are some of the image I took. The first was a small roadside shack with an old petrol pump outside. I took the photos as I thought I might try and model it for my 1:27.7 Narrow Gauge project.





These images were taken of the garage and road transport depot in Upton. A treasure trove of industrial inspiration.










In Upton, I saw this rare Austin Gypsy, an early Land Rover competitor, while the river barge was seen coming up the River Severn at some speed.



Tony

No comments: