Sunday 29 July 2018

An Industrial Narrow Gauge Adventure - Adding Clutter



Resin castings of some scratch built items of 'clutter' sculpted by me. 
for more information see this post.

In a recent magazine article I read the following. "Clutter can add interest but you must not overdo it." In these posts I hope to disprove the statement and push the boundaries on just how much clutter is too much.

Regular followers of this Blog will know that I have been working on an industrial narrow gauge railway layout built to 1:27.7 scale or 11mm = 1 foot. The choice of such an unusual scale has meant that much if not all items needed for the layout have had to be heavily modified and/or converted from existing models, completely 'scratch built' or sculpted by me.

In a series of clutter themed posts which are planned to run throughout August I will demonstrate what materials I have used to model such items and how I have painted these various pieces of 'clutter' which will at some stage be added to the finished layout.

Tony

No comments: