Saturday 9 April 2011

Windmill Model for Flintloque

In late 2009 I was asked to produce an article for the new Flintloque/Alternative Armies paper based magazine Barking Irons. I produced a detailed article on the construction and painting of a Spanish style windmill. The article was published in issue one of Barking Irons, a magazine that is now wholly internet based. This week the new Barking Irons Online site was launched by Alternative Armies under the management of Craig Andrews of Orcs in the Webbe fame and Tilting at Windmills my original article has been reproduced in full as an online entry, for full details go to this link and enjoy.

Photo One - The finished and painted windmill model.

Photo Two - The inspiration for the model came from a couple of Internet searches and this quick sketch.

Photo Three - The construction completed and the model awaiting a coat of paint.

I am assured that further articles, both published and un-published that were produced by me for Barking Irons will be uploaded to Barking Irons Online in the very near future.

Please note that BI online covers many gaming systems produced by Alternative Armies and will be worth a quick glance by many gamers.

Tony

2 comments:

Ray Rousell said...

Looks grand!

PaintPig said...

Thanks Tony

That is a nice quick and simple build, I think I just might bang one together!

PP