Friday 13 May 2011

Dwarven Spirits - a short story

Following a comment by me over on The Notables, Craig Andrews has uploaded a short story of mine at Barking Irons Online. The 'themed' or 'Framed' story uses the tried and tested mechanic of the same opening paragraph, in this case set in a small Tavern called the White Liar and then allows the authors to develop a simple plot or story line. For more details go to this link I hope that this story frame inspires others to try their hand at writing.

This Photo shows six of the seven Dwarves that are featured in the story.

The story follows a Dwarven survivor of an Ogre attack in the woods of Diberia. The original story was intended to be a 'filler' in the background and regimental history of The Princess Juliana Chasseur Elite Regiment (see earlier posts) but was 'pulled' as that story was already too long. I am pleased that I was able to include it as a separate short story here.

I have written two further short stories, the first will be published on BIO later in the year, but it is interesting that the third has developed into a 'full-blown' story and scenario or gaming seed. More information will be published here once I have further details.

I hope that you like it. I really enjoyed writing it.

Further details can be found here

Tony

3 comments:

Tony said...

Also featured on TMP. See;
http://theminiaturespage.com/news/519210/

Tony

airhead said...

Hi Tony, hope you don't mind but I've put a link to your blog up on mine, and nominated you for the stylish blogger award. Sorry I mist you at Alumwell this year. Keep up the great work.

All the best

Airhead

Tony said...

Hi Airhead,

Thank you for the nomination. I am sure we will meet up at some time. Maybe Telford, the IPMS show?

Tony