Thursday 19 May 2011

Painting the Cabbage Patch - now on Barking Irons Online

The second part of my Modelling Masterclass article Cabbage Patch and how I painted it is now up on Barking Irons Online, see this link Part one - the construction is available here

These three images show the finished terrain piece - a walled cabbage patch that measures 11 inches x 8 inches and was completed for less that £4.00 over a couple of days. I hope that you enjoy reading about how I first constructed it and then painted it.



It is my intention to produce at least one modelling article a month for BIO and to that end I have been busy over the last few weeks trying to build up a stockpile of finished pieces.

Although the bulk will be Flintloque or Slaughterloo based, I am hopeful that there will be something for everyone and the odd Typhon or Fantasy piece.

Tony

9 comments:

DJ Kettlety said...

Very nice piece, looking forward to seeing the other pieces.

BigLee said...

Very nice. And especially as it was completed for just £4.00 and a little effort.

Tony said...

Thanks for the comments - it is also featured on TMP, see;
http://theminiaturespage.com/news/102408/

Tony

The Angry Lurker said...

Excellent, would like that set up in 20mm.

Mr Saturday said...

Lovely wee terrain piece.

Ubique Matt said...

Excellent tutorial. More top tips than you came shake a stick at.

Regards,
Matt

Ray Rousell said...

Fantastic post, I'm thinking of doing the same thing, but in 15mm, I wonder if they sell smaller flowers!! Thanks for the heads up.
Ray

Paul O'G said...

Great articles Tony - I've made a link to them from my Man Cave here:

http://tasmancave.blogspot.com/2011/05/cabbage-patch.html

Hopefully I get a patch of my own done up soon!

Tony said...

Thank you Tas,

I also see that you had the original construction post from Steve's Painting Shed Blog. I had lost this link, but as you can see, my own Cabbage Patch was based very closely on this idea.

For anyone interested - here is the inspiration for my Flintloque Cabbage Patch.

http://paintingshed.blogspot.com/2010/08/cabbages.html

Tony