Photo Three - The first highlight, a blend of Scorched Brown and Snakebite Leather, loosely drybrushed with a large brush.
Photo Four - I wanted to stay away from a Grey or Granite coloured well and went with a warmer, honeyed stone colour. The second highlight is Snakebite Leather again drybrushed.
Photo Five - The metalwork was painted in dark brown then highlighted in various metallics to give a bronze effect rather than cast metal. The water is painted, first black, then Midnight Blue, then Enchanted Blue to give some 'depth'. You will also see that I have highlighted some of the larger stones with black/white to give some grey stones.
Photos Six and Seven - Two images showing the finished and varnished piece - I used Galleria matt varnish and then added railway scatter material to the edges of the base. I have also glued three static grass clumps down with uPVA glue and gloss varnished the surface of the water.
Photo Eight - Yet another image of the finished well. This time with a converted Flintloque (28mm) figure to give an idea of scale.
Photos Nine and Ten - A different well/pump that I built some years ago. This time built from strips of Balsawood and mounted onto a much smaller gaming base. This well was inspired by a fantasy well shown in early White Dwarf magazines.
Having agreed to write a number of Masterclass modelling tutorials for the online magazine Barking Irons Online I have been building up a wide range of new Flintloque themed terrain pieces. This simple stone well was intended to be such a Masterclass, but I have since started work on a larger and more ornate model which should feature on BIO very soon. When I have more details I will post links.