Monday 9 January 2012

Wargame Shows for 2012

For Christmas I was given a comic calendar to try and keep track of my part-time work hours. This morning I thought I would update it by adding some Wargame Show dates to it;

Penkridge Wargame Tabletop Sale
Sunday, January 22nd from 10am - 1pm  I am looking at attending, although at this time I cannot be certain.

Gloucester Show
Sunday, January 29th with full details yet to be released  I saw initial information over on the Lead Adventure, once again I cannot be certain of attending.

Alumwell Wargame Show
Sunday March 11th.  I have visited this particular show every year since it moved to the Alumwell Sports Centre and have every intention of attending this year. I have often written about how friendly this show is and it is my opportunity to meet up with old friends and have a chat.

Salute 2012
Saturday 21st April  In all the years that Salute has been at Excel I have avoided it as I do not like the venue or the length of time it takes to get to this side of London from Worcester.  With the Olympics and the improved road network I am actually thinking about making the trek this year.  Still not certain, but do not be surprised if I actually get there this year!

Games Expo, Birmingham
25th, 26th and 27th of May.  Once again a show that I have followed for the last four or five years and enjoyed every one of my visits. I would expect to be there on the Sunday, but this may chance and if it does I will update the Blog.

Scale Model World, Telford
A Must-See show for me and one of my hobby highlights.  In previous years I have attended on the Sunday and expect the same to be true this year. For any modeller who has not seen this particular show - I would recommend that you book the time off now and allow yourself a very special treat.

Other shows maybe added as the year progresses, but for now these are my show priorities in 2012.

Tony

2 comments:

The Angry Lurker said...

Hopefully see you at Salute.....

Ray Rousell said...

Only Salute for me I'm afraid!!