Thursday 3 May 2012

Latest Modelling Project

I am currently working on a short series of articles which should be published later this year. At this moment it is still to be confirms, hence the cryptic and cropped image.  As part of the project I needed some UNIT (Dr. Who) logos and have placed posts on a couple of forum asking for advice as to where to source these from.

Up to this weekend, I had had no response and therefore produced this logo from seven different transfer/decal sheets, plus a fair bit of touching up the paintwork. Details of how I produced it will follow.

However yesterday. I received an e-mail from a follower of this very Blog saying that he had produced some for his own use and was happy to send me a few examples. As is always the case in 'scratch-building'. You can guarantee that the day you finish a specific project a supplier will bring out a ready made model!

Thanks you for the offer - it is very much appreciated, but as you can see my UNIT badge is finished. I have agreed to take a couple of additional logos as this project is still not finished.


Full details of the completed model will be posted once I have more details, but I thought that the story and image was worth posting. There are many Gentlemen (and Lady) Bloggers who are willing to offer aid to mad modellers such as me.

Tony

2 comments:

fogsoldiers said...

UNIT and Doctor Who...wow!!!...;-)

SteelonSand said...

Nice looking logo - on a Landrover bonnet, perhaps - or something more substantial? - can't wait to see what you have been up to when the project is revealed!