Tuesday 16 October 2012

S.P.Q.ORC - Pax Bochemannica - back to base-its

Two sets of Photos this time. The first two show most of the painting completed. I have chosen a very Dark Brown for the base - some Charred Brown from Vallejo and Chaos Black from GW. The grey rocks are just that - Chaos Black and Skull White with a touch of brown to give them some warmth.

Other details include the last of the metal areas, sword, Pilum and decorations.



The second pair of photos show the same models with a Devan Mud wash. It's a light wash and has been diluted with water as I was unsure as to how much I wanted.

At this stage I am happy with the effect, which just blends together the whole miniature. I have given a slight highlight to the Red areas - just a dab of Blood Red on the extreme highlights and the sandals have been finished off with some Snakebite Leather.

The eyes are simple dots of off-white, while the tusks have been dabbed in.



The project has taken a little longer than expected, mainly my fault for trying to copy someone else's painting technique rather than my own. These figures are 'MY' figures painted in my style - a style that I know I can easily reproduce, time and again.Not Golden Demon standard but OK for me.

The shields have been undercoated with some cheap Black car paint and my plan is to paint them red.

Tony

4 comments:

Rob Alderman said...

They look Fantastic Tony, well done on getting them finished. :)

How did you find them? Was there anything you found especially difficult with them? Are they your 'cup of tea' or is this the end of the line for them? :)

Cheers!
Rob

Pablo J. Álvarez said...

The "pillum" an authentic secret weapon. Well done, really a nice figures.

Unicorn Pet Centre said...

Nice job Tony! I really like the skin tone you've gone for on these.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for helping to bring my distorted visions of history to Life Tony!!! Luvverley Job!!!