Wednesday 10 October 2012

S.P.Q.ORC - Pax Bochemannica - fleshing out

Last night, I painted in the flesh areas. Starting with a Bestial Brown base, I added some Catachan Green as a first highlight. Then Snakebite Leather and some Pale Flesh from Vallejo. Finally I have used pure Skull White as an extreme highlight.

I think the flesh colour is a little pale, but I can always give it a Sepia or Flesh wash later on.

Next will be the red uniform and then the leather work.



I had intended painting these miniatures in a style similar to that shown in my earlier post and painted by Rob Alderman. However my own painting style has developed over many years and I actually find it difficult to change it.

I now think it is better to go with a style that I know I can reproduce and feel comfortable with.

I have already stated how much I like the sculpting on these miniatures - very aggressive and full of character.  I am looking forward to the official launch in December but in the mean time you may want to check out this link.

Tony

1 comment:

Rob Alderman said...

Hi Tony
They are looking great, I think a wash would really help bring their skin colour up. They have a very 'inhuman' look to them though, which is good!

I think it's great to try different ways of painting, but we all develop in different ways. Stick with what's comfortable!

Cheers!
Rob