Wednesday 7 May 2014

The Blighted Cliffs by Edwin Thomas



I came across book two of this series in a charity shop earlier this year and after reading the reviews thought it was worth picking up book one to read first. The Blighted Cliffs introduces us to Lieutenant Martin Jerrold R.N. who always seams to be in the wrong place at the wrong time. Having survived Trafalgar without an ounce of credit, Martin is dispatched to Dover and there he stumbles across a corpse on the beach! 

I enjoyed the fast paced story with some interesting plot lines and although this is no 'high-brow' tale, I thought it well worth the time to read.

I am now thinking of an Orc shore-party to add to my Flintloque collection, battling some Cornish smugglers.

Details of this and the two later books can be found here.

I thought it a great yarn, a Boys Own Adventure full of twists and turns. I look forward to reading book two - The Chains of Albion.

The Blighted Cliffs by Edwin Thomas
Published by Bantam Books
ISBN 0-553-81514-8
Cover price £6,99 (but readily available from Amazon and Ebay for less.)

Tony

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.