Tuesday 26 January 2016

Albion by Alan Moore



I am well aware that any work in the Shed-at-the-bottom-of-the-garden has been curtailed for most of this month, I had thought that I would be able to give it a good clean-out this week, but as anyone who follows the UK weather news will know - the ground is sodden and any attempts at working in the garden is just a no-no. We have the peculiar situation that the grass has grown very long (and actually needs cutting) - but the rain has made the ground so wet, that it is impossible to walk over it.

Yesterday, Sue and I thought it was about time we got back into walking - and we set off through the park and into the centre of Droitwich. It was great to get back into the habit as neither of us have been on a good walk since before Christmas. I found this graphic novel - Albion, a book I was aware of but had never read. I picked it up (the truth is that Sue picked it up) for £1.50 in a local charity shop.

Albion by Alan Moore, Leah Moore, John Reppion, Shane Oakley and George Freeman
Published by Titan Books
List price - £9.99
ISBN 1-84576-351-3

For anyone who wants to know more - here is a review from Good Reads.

Tony

No comments: