Monday 25 January 2016

Miniature Wargames - 394



Issue 394 - February 2016 of Miniature Wargames with Battlegames has a very interesting terrain building article by Diane Sutherland based on a gateway/house in the French village of Honfleur. Some years ago, Sue and I visited Honfleur with the children and I spent some time sketching the architecture; so you never know this might be the basis of a future piece of scratch-built terrain.

The magazine also contains seven pages detailing the many local gaming clubs in the UK. There are quite a few. I have in the past been a member of a couple of Gaming Clubs, but through one reason or another these memberships have lapsed. This is a pity as I have nothing but fond memories of the evenings I spent playing wargames with like minded gamers.

Finally, I have been smitten by a single mounted figure of El Cid that features on the back page. The model is available from Gripping Beast (SAGA) for £7.00 and is sculpted by Angel Terol. It really is a beauty and a figure that could get me into yet another gaming period/genre.

Further details can be found here.

Tony

No comments: