Sunday 12 February 2017

Edward Trencom's Nose by Giles Milton



This particular novel was bought for my Mother-in-Law as a Christmas present and after she had read it, I thought that I would give it a try. Edward Trencom's Nose - A Novel of History, Dark Intrigue and Cheese, is a little difficult to categorise as it does not sit in any one genre. Giles Milton has succeeded in writing a story that combines historical fact with fiction as well as adding humour and intrigue - then there's the cheese!

A fuller review can be found here.

I found it a great read, full of humour and interest, the descriptive comments about cheese and particularly the one chapter describing a flood were some of the best descriptive writing I have read for some time. Highly recommended as a Jolly Good Read.

Edward Trencom's Nose - A novel of history, dark intrigue and cheese by Giles Milton
Published by Pan Macmillan in 2002
ISBN - 978 -0-330-44538-2
UK price £6.99

Tony

No comments: