Friday 10 February 2017

How to Sharpen Pencils



Earlier this week, I met with an 'old school' craftsman who was installing a fitted kitchen in to a neighbours house. I needed to make some notes and was about to pick up his sharpened pencil, when he stopped me saying that I could not use his pencil! His pencil was used for marking out only.

The pencil was a standard Steadtler, nothing special, but it was tapered and sharpened to a very fine point.

This got me thinking.....

Are you aware that there are professional pencil sharpeners? See this you tube link for details.

Needless to say, I have been trying to perfect the technique, so far with only OK results.

Tony

3 comments:

Unknown said...

He said...
"You can sharpen a pencil without a pencil sharpener. But you can't sharpen a pencil without a Pencil."
Makes you wonder if they know he's out on his own?

(Kym) + Warburton + (Classic40K) said...

That video was hilarious.

Anonymous said...

Only a man could make a video on how to sharpen a pencil and take nearly 10 mins.