Thursday 30 July 2020

Blogging and the future plans for this Blog



My Flintloque themed, One Mini at a Time month has meant that I have finally based and painted another regiment of eight Alternative Armies metal miniatures, minis that would otherwise have continued to languish on my Lead Mountain. I can report that I have continued to pull figures from my 'To-Do' box and my plan is to have a couple more themed months, showing what I've painted - but more on that later.....

Blogging! Dampf's Modelling Page is now well into it's 12th year and I'm still finding things to Blog about. When I started back in February 2008, it was never meant to be so encapsulating. But here we are 12 years on and I'm so grateful for my followers and readers and those who comment. During the last couple of years I have thought about 'where is this Blog going?'

Well maybe I can now answer that question.

I can report that it is going to remain in a similar format to what you see now. Blogger have in the last couple of months, informed me that they are making changes to the platform, but I'm over that and have decided to remain with the older format - the one that I am more familiar with. In addition, my daughter Holly has dragged me onto Instagram and you can find the odd post at dampfpanzerwagon on Instagram. I'm not planning on having the Instagram account taking over the Blog, but at least I now have another account to show off my models and modelling projects.

I'm enjoying You Tube and some of the fantastic video tutorials you can find there. I have thought about opening a channel myself, but as I normally work in my shed-at-the-bottom-of-the-garden in an area smaller than a typical computer table (and it's more-often-than-not a right mess), I don't see You Tube as a realistic option for me as the changes needed and the investment in funds would be too restrictive, but who knows, it might change in the future.

Regular readers will know that I am now a regular contributor to both Miniature Wargames and Wargames, Soldiers & Strategy and I see both continuing - at least for the foreseeable future. The Pen & Sword books have both been well received and I have commented on this Blog about the possibility of a fourth book in my Dampfpanzerwagon Guides, for details see this link.

I've also thought about monetising the Blog and although I'd be interested in finding out more. I'm not sure that is for me. I might ask for donations as I have seen others do - but again, I'm not sure.

So what of my future plans?

Covid19 lockdown has meant that a lot more of my spare time has been spent in the garden, model making/painting miniatures and I'm not seeing any major change to this - well not in the short time anyway. So at long last - my plans for the next two months are;

August - A Pax Bochemannica themed month
I still have a number of figures from the original box set to base and paint and this should be the impetus for me to start (and hopefully) finish painting them and some of the other Pax Boche minis I have in my Lead Mountain. Here is a little teaser.....


September - A Typhon or Greek Myth themed month
Like the un-painted Pax Boche minis, I also have a number of 40mm Greek miniatures that I bought some years ago from Spartan Games (now out-of-production), another part of my Lead Mountain and rather that going out and buying NEW miniatures, I will be trying to finish off some of my stalled projects. Typhon is one that I really should get back into and again I have included a teaser.....


So I hope that this gives a little 'flavour' as to what to expect over the next two months. I'm sure 'other' subjects and new projects will also be included but for now, here are my plans and I hope to have the first posts up-loaded on Saturday.

For now - stay safe and

Keep Calm and Carry On Modelling

Tony

6 comments:

mattblackgod said...

12 years and this is still one of my favourite blogs! Your models are inspirational. Keep up the good work.

Tony said...

Thank you your comment means a lot to me.

Tony

Christopher said...

I’m pretty sure I’ve looked at your blog at least once a day for the last 10 years and I’ve loved following all your various projects. Please just keep on doing what you do.

Tony said...

Another thank you.

Tony

airhead said...

Keep on keeping on Tony, always inspirational.
All the best
Airhead

Peter Ball said...

Very much enjoying your work, and looking forward to what you have planned. Thank you so much!