Thursday 2 July 2020

One Mini at a Time - part two



Prior to giving details of how I started the painting of the smaller details, I thought I should add how I modified the metal casting. I used Green Stuff to add uniform decoration to the front of the jacket and buttons to the cuffs. I find it best to add such detailing over superglue.

Most of the metallic areas were painted with some very old Games Workshop metallic paints - the black topped clear pots (I'm not sure what I'll do when these run out as they have been my staple metallics for years).

It was not until I had finished the metallics that I realised what it was he was wearing on his left shoulder - it is a breast plate from a smaller Elven or Ferach Cuirassier - a novel addition that works so well.


I like adding extreme highlighting to the Shako cords and decoration and the pompom was painted bright green - because in Flintloque - anything goes.

The base was painted in my usual Snakebite Leather colour and highlighted with Snakebite and white with odd stones picked out in grey.


This is quite a large miniature and a heavy one too.

Stay safe and

Keep Calm and Carry On Modelling

Tony

No comments: