Wednesday 21 August 2019

An Industrial Narrow Gauge Adventure - Labelling the layout



Regular followers of this Blog will know that I have been working on an industrial narrow gauge railway layout built to 1:27.7 scale or 11mm = 1 foot. The choice of such an unusual scale has meant that much if not all items needed for the layout have had to be heavily modified and/or converted from existing models, completely 'scratch built' or sculpted by me.

In these latest posts I will update the Blog with 'work-in-progress' images and text showing how the initial project is developing. For more information look out for the Narrow Gauge Labels to the right.

Earlier this year when attending The 7mm Narrow Gauge Association Show in Burton upon Trent, I had been impressed by the number of exhibition layouts that had included similar white lettering on black displays. I ordered some vinyl lettering via the Internet and applied them to the OSO Salt layout as you can see above.


It has never been my intention to exhibit the layout, but with this latest update, I might.

The simple addition of a name and in this case the scale has lifted the whole model and made it look much more professional.


Tony

No comments: