Thursday 16 February 2012

TRASH BASH 2012

I just couldn't resist it!  With all the part painted miniatures and half-way completed projects on my workbench I have decided that I just have to enter the Roebeast TRASH BASH competition to build a 'Scratch-Built' model from a Sweet or Candy container.

The rules state that I can show images of work-in-progress but I am going to wait until the 1st March (the entry date) before I post any. However there is no reason why I cannot tease you;


The French Imperial Aeronef Le Louis Daguerre
An Observation and Survey Nef currently serving at Le Mons, Mars (French Sector)

Part One;
Ten years after the first human set foot on Mars the Colonial Land-Grab is in full swing with Great Britain, Germany, The United Stated of America and the Belgian Republique leading the assault. Japan and France came late to the table and have never achieved the victories of the earlier states. This is all about to change with the French Government finally agreeing to build both the largest Astronef - Le Gloire and now Le Louis Daguerre an observation and survey Nef to explore and map the Le Mons area of Mars.

The Loius Daguerre is one of the largest Nef's ever constructed on Mars and was built to house the newly developed Daguerreotype Camera which uses huge half-metre square silver coated glass plates to take images of the Martian landscape and 'map' the built up areas.  The process needs huge reserves of dangerous chemicals which are housed in two large and two smaller containers built into the main hull. Early experiments have proven than an area of five square kilometres can be successfully mapped in less than three days, thereby cutting down on man-hours and the risk of being assaulted by rival States or marauding Martians.

The new technology of image capture is causing quite a stir amongst the other Earth-Bourne Governments and Le Louis Daguerre is now accompanied by at least one French Aeronef when ever out on operation's. It is rumoured that The Kaiser has raised a bounty of one thousand gold crowns for the capture of the Loius Daguerre - a rumour that is having quite an effect on the fleets of Martian Pirates.

More to follow.

Tony

3 comments:

lrqan said...

I think this sort of stuff is ace! Thanks for the tip and the site, I'm seriously considering giving it a go myself! Bonsxancon for your model.

Paul O'G said...

Fantastic - I'll be watching this with great interest!

Paul O'G said...

I'm putting the word out for you Tony!

http://pauljamesog.blogspot.com.au/2012/02/french-aeronef-le-louis-daguerre-part-1.html