Friday 3 February 2012

Wooden Barn Flyford Flavell, Worcs.

Following a recent visit to the small village of Flyford Flavell, Worcestershire. I returned earlier today with my camera to record this characterful wooden barn.

Built from what I have been told is Yew, the aged wooden slats just cry out to be modelled.









Of special interest is the solid stone block foundations and the noticeable dip in the roof line above the main doors. I have been told (although I had no way to prove it) that the door/doors to the other side of the barn are approximately 1 metre lower than the main or featured doors. This is so full wagons can enter from the road and empty wagons can exit to the rear.

I would estimate the barn to be between 150 and 180 years old, however there were no markings or datable artefact to be found on the road facing side.

The building is currently in a state of dilapidation and from what I could see is empty. These images should act as a record should the building ever be removed.

Although I would not expect to produce a model of this actual barn, I can see a number of features of the building being incorporated into future terrain pieces.

Tony

3 comments:

Headnhalf said...

Lovely, thank for sharing

Pablo El Marques said...

Wonderful photos!!... for freak eyes.. ;-)

painterman said...

thats one characterful building - looking forward to seeing it in 28mm !!