The turret. I built the turret from a silver, plastic pepper mill that I picked up from a Pound Store some time ago. I cut the rocket-shaped pepper mill top to height then sanded it square before adding a strip of 5mm thick plastic card to the front. The gaps were filled with Milliput epoxy putty and the shape was refined by trimming and sanding.
The roof or lid is 1mm thick plastic card - actually two pieces as there is a a slight angle or join in the top of the turret. I used superglue during construction and reinforced the turret interior with superglue and accelerator.
I have not copied any one turret design, but built a suitably German WW2 style turret with the materials I had to hand.
At this moment, the turret is still not attached to the hull. I will have to decide how I am going to do this later.