Tuesday 22 September 2020

A weekend project - part two

The ruined shrine has been further detailed with plaster pillars that were cast some years ago and have been patiently waiting in my spares box for the right project, while the groundwork has been built-up with ready-mixed filler and Modelling Compound from Geek's Gaming.

In addition, I have added odd plaster castings of stones and broken pillars to the base and 'blended' them in with DAS modelling clay.

I use scrap blue foam to build a set of rough steps to the side and added a plastic statue on a scratch-built plinth to the front. The statue is a 54mm scale plastic figure that was bought from a charity store many years ago.


It should be pretty obvious that my 'pie-in-the-sky' plan for producing this simple board in one weekend has not been achieved, but I'll continue until it is complete. Modelling time so far is about 6 hours over a relaxed Saturday and Sunday in the garden.

Tony

No comments: