Monday 21 August 2017

Ford's Hospital, Coventry



Earlier today, Sue and I visited Coventry City Centre with Holly. While I was waiting for them to finish shopping I started exploring some of the many side-streets and came across this interesting building - Ford's Hospital a 16th Century half timbered building that was used as an Alms House and was later re-built using original timbers after the original was destroyed in the Blitz of 1940. For more details see this Wikipedia link.








Tony

2 comments:

(Kym) + Warburton + (Classic40K) said...

What a fascinating building... thanks for posting this up.

Digehode said...

I walk past this often on my way to work. If I'm not at work, my favourite historic building to visit in Coventry is this one: http://realalerambles.co.uk/history/O/old_windmill.html